A lot my Instagram followers are constantly asking me for Slimming World tips and advice to losing weight and sticking to our awesome plan. I’ve put together a list of stuff that helped me get through the first few months, and continues to this day:
Top six SWlads tips
- Syns are there for a reason – One of the best things about Slimming World is our allocation of daily syn allowance. It enables us to eat whatever we wish up to that allowance and feel “normal” doing so. Not only that, but a popular misconception that cutting back on Syns mean grater losses.Part of why SW works is that via our Syns, the human body gets a small source of fat which is required for our bodies to run! Seems crazy I know, but you MUST use Syns. My advice would be 5+ per day minimum.
- Save the HEB – Since joining the plan I’ve found that bread is actually pretty boring! We’re allocated a Healthy Extra B choice everyday (two on an SP day!), why would I use it on bread? there are so many yummy alternatives like HiFi bars! They cure a sweet craving too.
- Digital diary – This I personally feel is absolutely essential. Majority of people these days have a smart phone right? Chances are you’re probably reading this on one now…Open up your notes and start a digital food diary! It gives you a quick, easy way to track your speed, free and Syn foods to help stay on plan! I often utilise this mainly for keeping track of Syns, but it’s good to make sure you’re eating plenty of Speed foods too
- Leftovers – Ohhh how I love leftovers!! Something that’s always worth thinking about are Slimming World lunch ideas, and what better/easier than leftovers from the previous nights dinner?I’ve lost count at how many times I’ve been able to just chuck leftovers in a lunchbox for a quick, convenient and on plan lunch to take with me to work. In fact, I often purposely cook too much so I have food available.
- Water, water & more water – I know.. boring one! And in terms of “tips” it’s pretty lame, but drink LOADS of water. Mainly due to the fact drinking plenty of water will curb cravings of false hunger and be of a huge health benefit too.You can buy cheap water flasks these days from most supermarkets or online.
- Social media – It’s 2018.. are you really not already on Social Media?!?! where have you been! Chances are that you came here from a Social platform, but if you didn’t then some of the support groups found on sites such as Instagram are fantastic! You can gain inspiration, tips and advice! Come and say hi on my Insta page here